Saturday, January 21, 2012

Amber Update

What a difference a few months makes!

Here she is in October:


Cute but a little bit shy and insecure....

And here she is now!


Wild Girl!!
 She is still technically looking for the perfect home but in the meantime she is learning some agility and obedience and tracking. More importantly she is becoming very well adjusted to the world, a few things still scare her (like the automatic doors at Petsmart) but her progress has been amazing. I am used to obnoxious pushy dogs who tend to get in trouble rather than shy cautious dogs so it has been a learning experience for me. I have not forced her to "deal with" any of the things that concern her - I have just let her investigate the things that she is curious but cautious about. If she wants to avoid or leave I allow her to do so but in a calm cool and collected manner. We can retreat to a safe distance but not scurry away in a panic. It has worked amazingly well - we recently had a construction crew working on the front of the building and Amber ran the "gauntlet" of construction equipment several times a day. It was a great test of her adjustment and she trotted right through in her usual alert perky manner.

I will try to post more on where she is in her performance training but here are a few action shots in the meantime.

Cute and perky on my frisbee target!


Who says I don't have ball drive now!!??

I am coming!!

I hate this pic of me but it gives you a better idea of just how tiny she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment