Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Brag for a friend....

This is "ELY"

V Rated Multi BISS Am/Can/UKC Ch. ATCH Esmonds Qruzin for a Bruzin CD Am/Can RN Ag.N Ag.NJ AD RAMCL TT HIC CGN

He is a very sweet boy but just a tad, shall we say, stubborn.....

When he was uncertain how to behave in a certain situation he (like many men) would go to his default - "jackass mode"....

Ely is big - muscles upon muscles. Him being a jackass is hard to miss...

Lucky for him he has an owner who is just as stubborn...

She had her ups and downs with him.
I think there was some serious consideration of toilet training him and hiding him in the basement.....

Most people would have quit. But not Cassie....

P.S. Red ribbons are FIRST places in Canada. Weirdos....


I can't say how proud I am of them and how delighted I am to have had a very small part in helping them accomplish great things. It is quite easy to give advice but much harder to take it and put in the time and hard work needed.


Cassie's recent Facebook post:
Well isn't THIS a happy way to end my week! Just saw the Rottweiler Club of Canada stats for 2011 and it's official that Ely finished #1 OVERALL ROTTWEILER for 2011 (combined obedience and conformation). Ely is my first, home-bred, home-raised, hand-picked puppy. I believed in this little guy from the moment he first landed in my hands. I mean, we had some very big challenges we worked through and... I had lots of days that ended with me not sure that we would ever continue to work towards our competitive obedience goals. But I stuck with him and we just kept on trucking. The conformation wins were sweet, but his CD was the absolute best title I have ever earned with a dog. His wicked scores made it almost unbelievable for me. Now to see my "naughty boy" at the top of that list, well, it (almost) leaves me speechless. Thank you to all of those who encouraged me over the years to stick with him (Lucy Newton - especially you! John Mairs for letting him disrupt so many of your classes for years!) and huge thank you to Mike and Ann for working so hard with us in 2011 to help my special boy shine the way he did. Wow, what is THIS going to do for his ego?!?

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Friday says ''Nutin Wrong Bout Being Stubborn, Yeah Bro''

    ReplyDelete