Friday, December 2, 2011

Puppy looking for home!

I pulled into the driveway at home/work (they are the same thing) yesterday after doing some training with Jill and Steel. As I got out of the car I noticed this lady walking a little rottweiler puppy over to me. She picks it up and says "Do you know anyone who might want her? I found her on the side of the road." Seriously? I am looking around thinking this has to be a setup. Like I dont have 2 rottweilers, a german shepherd and a malinois in a tiny apartment. She is cute and feisty (but not in a bad way) and certainly seems none the worse for wear in spite of her rocky start. She was found dumped about a month ago (at probably at about 5 weeks old). She has goofy puppy ears and she also has a tail (very similar to Jill's). Here in the south there are no shortage of people wanting rottweilers or pitbulls and males are much more popular than females with those same type of people. In fact the woman fostering her has had several people call wanting the pup, but only if it is a male - which (rightfully so) raised a red flag with her.

Fortunately it is much easier to find a home for a cute rottie puppy than it is for a shy malinois girl so I have a few possibilities that I am working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment